Below are the minimum specifications for uploading an image on Africa Knows.
- Use a camera that has a minimum of 6 megapixels
- Submit your images as JPEGs
- Files should be 1890 x 1417 pixels or larger
- Image should be 300ppi (Pixels per inch)
- Upload JPEGs with a file size of over 17MB (when uncompressed). This is likely to have a compressed JPEG size of 2-5MB. Opening a JPEG in a program such as Adobe Photoshop will show you the uncompressed (open) file size
- We offer different sizes and attached licenses for each image on the site. View our licenses.
- Africa Knows automatically creates all the different smaller size files from the full resolution file that you upload
- The file pricing is based on the image dimensions, so it's in your best interest to provide an image in the largest pixel dimensions possible (original size)
- Images will not be offered in a bigger file size than the original upload.
- Files that have been up/re-sampled will not be accepted - In other words, the pixel dimensions cannot be increased to be larger than the file's original dimensions.
- The files are offered on the site in following sizes:
- Medium: 1600 pixels on the long side
- Large: 2400 pixels on the long side
- X Large: Over 3000 pixels on the long side
- WATERMARKS – no contributor watermarks are allowed with media uploads – Africa Knows automatically applies the Africa Knows watermark on all media on the site.
- KEYWORDS – all uploads must have:
- Keywords (minimum of 5 keywords per image) (click link here for keyword tutorial)
LEGAL TERMS FOR EACH MEDIA UPLOAD:
- The contributor must be the original creator of the image
- Model releases – required for all persons visible in your files
- Africa Knows model releases forms can be downloaded from the site (click here)
- Images must not include logos or protected trademarks
- Images must not include buildings, goods or places protected by intellectual property rights.
- Property release forms can be downloaded from the site where applicable (click here)
TECHNICAL SPECS FOR IMAGES:
- Photos must be free from any technical problems (framing, exposure, interpolation, grain)
- Photos must be creative and correspond to subjects that Africa Knows buyers are looking for
- Photos must comply with Africa Knows’ moral standards.
- Photos must have stock value
- View our Submission Guidelines